Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gregarious to the Maximus



This is Ruby modeling her new dress from Aunt Sarah (we're at a restaurant):

This is Ruby's Ribbon Dance:




Ruby is quite the little social butterfly. She LOVES to talk. We went to my  mother's ward this past Sunday, and when I picked Ruby up from her Sumbeams class, all of the teachers and adults that were in Primary could not stop telling me how adorable she was. I was thinking, "Wow, these people are so nice in this ward!" Come to find out that Ruby was very much putting herself in the center of attention. (which is a little weird, because she's usually just a little reserved in a new place) They sang to her because she was a visitor, and she LOVED going to the front of the room for it---she marched right up there and announced to everyone that she was Ruby Catherine Freestone. She loved it so much, that when they asked if anyone knew of any birthdays coming up, she did not even raise her hand---she just marched up the the front of the room to tell everyone that Pop-pop's birthday is coming soon, and according to one adult, could not stop talking about it. (just to give you an idea, I think there were about 50 kids and 6-10 adults in the room. something like that) Where does she get this from? (ok, ok, I have HEARD that maybe I was a little bit like that when I was little...)
Ruby also loves to have people watch her "show". She will sing and dance for anyone that wants to watch, and REQUIRES applause when she's finished.

15 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

haha! she's one awesome little gal...and just so you know...I have NO prob with arranged (ahem) encouraged, marriages!

Cooking club sounds good, and seeing as how we are rolling into town next month, well, lets do it! :)

thepainterfamily said...

yes...shhhh...March 15th...for good.

ahhhhhhhhh! (that is nervousness and excitment all rolled into one)

thepainterfamily said...

btw...where are you guys living now? Maybe we'll be close?

feel free to email...

taragpainter@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all- Ruby is a DOLL! She is absolutely gorgeous and sounds like a total hoot. Secondly, count me in for a cooking class. I'm all about gourmet dinners, it's all we eat in the Church household. I really, really want to get together! I need your phone #!

the longmores said...

That's hilarious. Ruby is such a babe. It looks like you guys are doing good. Has Adam started the new job.

Killer kar said...

It is so fun to see how she is growing up. I remember when we first met her and Belle were such little things. I love the obsession with make up, funny, her and Belle share that obsession.
Hope work is going well. I think she makes faces that look just like Adam.

Unknown said...

that girls got potential!

Katy said...

hahaha. That little video of Ruby is so funny. I can't believe how big she looks! Wish we could see you guys more, she looks like great entertainment! :)

Zach and Aimee said...

oh my gosh she is so cute! You make the cutest babies, you should have more:)Miss You!!!!

Breanne said...

Ruby is one seriously cute girl; like - particularly cute - undeniably :)

Can I join your cooking club long distance? We could Skype Oprah style. ;)
(Actually if you have skype, let me know b/c Lauren & I were just talking recently about trying to do a group skype with us old roommates who could do it)
I think if we lived by each other again, we could have all sorts of fun cooking, fashioning, and being artistic together - but hey, we could share some of those ideas by email or blog couldn't we?
Miss you Claire!

Christine said...

She is SO funny, and getting so big! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Tell Ruby 'hi' from Gideon!

Eldredge greatness said...

we are missing you at suncrest!!!! Oh my heart!

Kass Martin said...

What a beautiful girl. She is so cute and full of life. we are finally back into blogging. man it's been forever. I have so much catching up to do. check us out. we finally have something new. how is the mid west? I hope you are liking MO and hope we get to see you when we are out there over the 4th. you going to be in town? hope so. you still off sugar? I swear I ate nothing but fluff, sugary, gross but oh so good, food today. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.

Breanne said...

I've loved your comments on my last few posts! Sorry it took me a while to reply :(

You cracked me up about Ruby's dog-talk. And Paul has 40+ shoes huh? Niiiiice - I do remember him being quite fashionable. How are he & Charlie anyway?

How is home? Do you live right by Adam's family?

Hey, what is your email address - I'm not positive if I have the most recent one; mine is breannekristine@hotmail.com

Hope all is well!

R said...

cute cute cute!
More posts I say!!