Wednesday, August 5, 2009

now you may exhale...

I know you've all (all 2 of you) been holding your breath for a post. I've been a slacker...well, a slacker with limited access to the internet, so I have a little bit of an excuse. So there's been a lot that's happened over the summer.
Big Event #1: Ruby turned 4. We had another Hello Kitty themed party---I guess last year was a big enough hit, it demanded a repeat. My parents along with 3 of my nieces drove up for the big weekend, so along with Xio, Aaron, their kids, the Painters and the Stotts, we had a rockin' good time. Ruby wanted dinner at Red Robin...so we managed it, but I don't think we'll do it again. Ever. Too chaotic. I wanted to just have a regular old birthday at our house, but, oh, that's right, we don't have one yet.

Big Event #2: Adam and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. Definitely a momentous ocassion! I love Adam---he has always been so thoughtful and kind and loving and fun. He makes me feel beautiful and desirable and safe. Thanks for the awesome IPod Touch, Babe! p.s. I love you

Big Event #3: We made an offer on a house! After much deliberation as to whether or not to rent or buy, we took the plunge. It's a scary ride. We should hear back pretty soon, so say some prayers and keep your fingers crossed we get it. I need some civilization, people!!!

I'll post pictures of the summer soon...hopefully...but as you may know, it's better you don't hold your breath...

7 comments:

Johnsens said...

Sorry I missed you guys! I hope you guys get the house. I had almost given up on your blog :)

Katy said...

So glad to have you back! How are you all doing? Miss you guys. I have something for Ruby I keep meaning to send, I'll try to send it soon. So exciting you put an offer on a house! Can't wait to hear what happens

thepainterfamily said...

We thought the birthday party was SO FUN! I just loved getting to know 4 yr old Ruby...she's a babe!

i AM holding my breath...I'm just so excited about the house potential! oh gosh...it sounds so wonderful and I really hope you guys get it!

then...once you are closer to "civilization" maybe we can start that dinner group! :)

Christine said...

Woooooosh! That's me... exhaling. I was SO excited to see your post, and it's good to hear about your life. I hope the offer is accepted and you become homeowners soon... you will have to post pictures when it happens, because I am excited to see how beautiful you will make it.
Happy Birthday, Ruby! Wish you were closer, G would love to play!

the longmores said...

How exciting! I hope you guys get it. We miss you guys and hope you are doing great.

Unknown said...

welcome back. good luck with the house, and tell Ruby Happy Birthday!

Zach and Aimee said...

So...... What happened?