Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm New

I've never done this blogging business before, but I like looking at other people's blogs, so I thought there may be some people that want to know what we've been up to...which isn't much...or maybe it just feels like that. 

Adam is in his last semester (WAHOO!) at BYU. He will be graduating with a major in Chinese and minor in Business Management. We're looking for jobs as we speak, so if anyone knows of anyone that is hiring, we are willing to live anywhere (except Utah, Idaho, or Wyoming. please, nobody take offense to that...). We've liked our experience here, but we are ready to move on t0 the next phase. 

So, while Adam has been busy with school, I have, for most of my time here, been busy babysitting. I've had anywhere from 1-5 extra kids, depending on the time of year. It's been crazy, but the extra cash had helped quite a bit. I now only babysit 1 day a week, so that supplemental income no longer supplements, really. It's been nice, but weird because I now have a lot of time on my hands. My house is cleaner, though, which I'm sure Adam appreciates.

Ruby is 3 now! She turned 3 in June, and she's no longer a baby. She's very stubborn, very opinionated, very fun, and very smart. She's like sunshine, and she makes me laugh all the time. She recently started dance classes, and absolutely LOVES it!! She uses words like, "certainly" "awfully" "professional" "fabulous" "stylish". She likes to lecture us. For example, if she's in time-out, she will tell me "I'm sorry you yelled at me, Mom. That's not very nice to kids!" That's her new favorite thing to do---to talk about "kids" as a collective. "Mom, sometimes kids' legs get tired." "Mom, sometimes kids just want fruit snacks." It's very funny.


1 comment:

Laci said...

YAY!!!! Im so glad you've joined the blogging world!!!!!! Darling blog I must add... you are already a pro claire :o)