Monday, September 29, 2008

Pre"schooled"

I decided to just teach "preschool" at home. I bought some workbooks and puzzles and crayons and other things, and  Ruby and I work on them for 30-45 minutes 3 x a week. I got frustrated when trying to teach her how to write A's. She wouldn't pay attention or look at the paper when she wrote, so I gave up, only to find out 4 days later that she was paying attention. She drew a perfect A with sidewalk chalk outside without being asked. I got schooled, I guess. 
Today we were working on colors--she was supposed to color the fruits and vegetables the correct colors, and my meticulous child made sure that everything was correct right down to the leaves and rinds. The funny thing is that when she was coloring the strawberry, she said "It needs chocolate!" and proceeded to color the bottom of the strawberry brown. Only my kid, right?

1 comment:

Laci said...

i love the part about the strawberry needing chocolate :o)