Sunday, December 7, 2008

Broke the bank

Stock Photography - close-up of a  broken piggy bank  with coins. fotosearch  - search stock  photos, pictures,  images, and photo  clipart

Poor little Ruby is having to bear the weight of poverty on her shoulders. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I forget how closely she listens to me. Not that I publicize to the world how broke we are (except that I'm doing it now? hahahaha), but we're very near the end of the semester, and we're making a big move, so we're trying to spend as little as possible, which isn't hard, considering...
Anyway, lately, whenever she wants something at the store, I have had to explain to her that we can't buy it right now "because mommy and daddy don't have any money." Poor thing. Well, the other day, I told Ruby that we were going to go into Nordstrom to pick up my check, and while I was getting ready, she comes into my room with a handful of coins and says, "Well, we don't have any money. BUT, I have some for shopping. Maybe I could get a cookie." (ps Nordstrom has these really huge and delicious sugar cookies that she gets occasionally) She had broken into her piggy bank.
She really thought that one out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, that is so cute!!!!!!!!! She is so GIRL!!!!!!!!

Johnsens said...

That is really adorable! So did she get a cookie? Good luck with the move

Laci said...

what a little sweetheart :o)

thepainterfamily said...

haha! that is so sweet! I just love the thought that went into her idea! :)

And don't you worry about Ruby bearing the weight of poverty! :) So it is with all firstborn! (myself included!) haha. I remember 'back to school' shopping at Venture (do you even REMEMBER that store?...like KMart) where you could get 3 pairs of jeans for $11 or something ridiculous. Later on, my brothers and sisters couldn't imagine buying clothes ANYWHERE except the mall. :) I think I turned out just fine! :)

Unknown said...

that is so sweet. I hope she enjoyed her cookie!

the longmores said...

Claire when is the big move? Ruby is such a cutie. Tell her Grant says hi.

Killer kar said...

I know how you feel. I find my self telling Belle all the time that we can't buy things because of money also. I think it makes them better people for it in the end however. It sure is cute how they try to figure out a way to make it all better.