Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday!

This post is to my beautiful mother!!! Today is her 40th birthday (hahaha, yeah, and I'd be killed if I told you her real age. Besides, she looks so young, it's believable, right?), and I am so grateful for her. She is brilliant---so brilliant in intelligence and personality, that even strangers flock to her like magpies to something shiny.( Speaking of magpies, she calls herself one, and I want her to know I am grateful that she is so stylish and passed down the love of shiny and big jewelry to me! ) I'm grateful for her love of learning and reading, because I think that it's taught me to really accept others for their differences and embrace truth and good wherever I find it. She is a fun-loving and young person. We're as young as we feel, right? She's not an immature young, but she can hang with the young crowd (she has a group of friends in Omaha that are just slightly older than me!). My mother is also a wonderful Yaya! Ruby loves her so much and we're grateful that she feels she can do anything when she's with her Yaya!
Thank you, mother, for all the wonderful things you have done for me and taught me. You are my best friend! I love you! I am sooooooo excited to live close to you again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, I know this post is for your mom, but it made me cry......I love your mom too! She is totally way cool and sooooooooooooo easy to talk too! everyone does just wanna be with her when she is around!! :-)

Kass Martin said...

Happy birthday Sharla. You are one of a kind and the best! You are so nice, friendly, funny, cute, fashionable, sweet...I could go on and on. I will always remember our New Years Eve party we had at the Martin's together. What a blast.

The Bollwitts said...

Hi Claire,

Some how I got on your sister-in-laws blog and thought it was yours, crazy. I hope you have a merry Christmas. Take care. I need to get your email address too. Give your family my love. Great to see the pics. I will let kass know.

Great to see you!