Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's been almost a month since the sweet strike started. I have lost 5 pounds, and I do not crave sweets AT ALL anymore. Seriously, it's amazing.

We're getting ready for our move. I hate packing, but I am so excited to move back to Kansas City, so bring it on! Between packing, finals, working at Nordstrom, and Adam's job at school, it's going to be a tough couple of weeks, but what gets me through is the thought that after it all, I will be relaxing out in the country on beautiful land surrounded by family. Ahhhhhh...

We have a few job opportunities that have arrived, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...

OH! AND...I just have to brag on my husband for a minute. He has to take a bunch of Chinese proficiency tests for his major---they're national tests, and they have to take them so that BYU knows what they need to improve in the Chinese Department. Anyway, he found out that he scored Advanced High (just BARELY missed the Superior mark) on his speaking test. He'll be getting a certificate for it soon. We don't know the other scores yet, but I have no doubt he did well. He's so smart.

8 comments:

Laci said...

thats awesome about adams test! good job! and im so proud of you for the sweet strike! :o) i could NEVER do that, so i truly admire you for it! AND im SO EXCITED for you guys to move out here!!!! yay!!!

Anonymous said...

He is so smart!!! I am so excited too!! I can't wait to be able to hang out with you all again!!!! This is what keeps me motivated as I try and figure out how to start packing! Good job with the sweets and 5pds.....I really need to do that before I get a case of diabetes! As, I am typing this I am taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper!! :-)

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Hi Claire! So I REALLY want to come visit you before you move! Even if it's just for a minute, because I totally understand how busy you must be! I have a little something for you for Christmas, and I just would like to visit you one last time before you move. So let me know when a good time is for you. Or maybe I'll just try to find you at Nordstrom's. ;)

PAINTER said...

Bring on the Turkey slaughtering... the boys are gonna be back in town!!!

thepainterfamily said...

Ignore my husband. We will be excited to see you guys back in KC

Katy said...

Go Adam! and Go Claire! Way to keep up the no sweets, that's gotta feel good.

Kass Martin said...

That's really impressive. I hardly speak English well. It's been so long since I've seen/heard from you guys. How are things? Way to go on the no sugar plan. That's awesome. I went a month without it. It gets easier but I was so done by the end of the month. I was just on Paul's blog and I think they should go to you parents for Christmas so that we can all get together at the Martin's and party!!! Don't you think it would be a blast? Our blog is private to email me your email for blogger so I can add you. this way we'll stay in better contact.

Unknown said...

soooooo smartie pants. That is cool.