Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Burn, baby, burn!

I made a very yummy Vietnamese beef and noodle salad for dinner last night (seriously, you should make it. visit www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/GRILLED-LEMONGRASS-BEEF-AND-NOODLE-SALAD-10516 for the recipe. and be sure to make the Nuoc Cham from the recipe located in one of the reviews. YUMMY) . For some really DUMB reason, I wasn't paying attention when I was chopping up the serrano peppers---I'm normally very smart and careful so my hands don't burn---and my hands ARE STILL BURNING! It took me a very long time to go to bed last night because it hurt so bad. Today the burning is located only behind my nails, so it isn't so bad...
The smart way to de-seed peppers? Chop the very bottom of the pepper off, so that it stands up flat, and, while holding onto the stem, slice top to bottom, making sure to avoid the inside seeds and vein. The dumb way to de-seed peppers? Cut in half and take out the seeds and the vein with your hands.

RUBY UPDATE: 
Ruby has started making up stories and words. Her latest story involves Princess Ruby in her stronger castle being attacked by bad guys. They kill her nose and her belly button. Her newest vocabulary word: Pocky. It's an insult, apparently, because she gets upset if anyone calls HER a Pocky, but she can't decide what it means.

1 comment:

Laci said...

that is hilarious about ruby...tell her it wasnt me who called her a pocky! :o)

And your dinner sounds so good! But is it too spicy for me? I imagine it would be if your hands are still burning from just the peppers!