Saturday, November 29, 2008

*YAWN*

I am sooooo tired! This week has been a crazy one---I got sick, had to make an entire Thanksgiving feast (which took 3 days of prep-time), and I've been working at Nordstrom. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my throat hurts, my eyes hurt, my arms hurt (from playing the Wii), and all I really want to do is sit back and relax for five minutes. I'm hoping I don't have to go in today...

Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous---I was surprised everything turned out so well. The turkey was perfect and so was the company. I'm not so sure I'll ever do the WHOLE meal again, though. Way too much work!

I've been doing well on the Sugar Strike. Still going strong. I had 3 bites of pie on Thanksgiving, and felt sick afterwards, so I think that's a good sign...right? 

7 comments:

Katy said...

I can't believe you made the whole meal on your own. You're amazing! Way to go on the sugar strike, too. 5 1/2 more months... you can do it!!

Laci said...

You truly do inspire me claire... when you guys move out here, will you give me cooking lessons? :o) I am DEAD serious btw!! Also, I think it is a good sign if you could only have 3 bites and get sick... you are doing awesome!

Unknown said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Only 3 bites. Nice.

the longmores said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but super fun for a pro chef like you. We will be coming down soon and would love to see you guys before you split.

thepainterfamily said...

ummmm, I think I'd like to be at your Thanksgiving dinner! :) and I know feeling sick after 3 bites is a good thing...but just so sad for a sugar-lover like me! :) hehe nah, way to go!

M&M Wilkerson Family said...

Claire! Remember me? Jena and I were your visiting teachers about 3years ago. Anyway, I happened upon your blog through Laci's and I was happy to see you are moving back...although on second thought we are moving away. Anyway, Ruby continues to be GORGEOUS! Take care and great job on the sugar strike!

thepainterfamily said...

We SHOULD get together!

I actually made the calendar last year! VEry fun, "low skill" project, basically just requires shopping, painting and gluing...right up my alley! :)

check out the aliedwards.typepad.com blog for details on how to make one! scroll down, or search for advent calendar! :) also...ali edwards' is a variation on a Martha Stewart kids project...so you might check that website out too!